Introduction to Demand Guarantees & Standbys
Introduction to Demand Guarantees & Standbys is an important title in the Institute of International Banking Law and Practice’s case materials series. This 174-page soft-bound book features case studies and practical questions to stimulate understanding of contemporary court cases involving demand guarantees and standby letters of credit.
Note: All eBook order can take up to 24 hours to process.
What is Included
- Discussion of guarantees and standbys and several court cases disputing whether the guarantee is independent or not (Chapter 1)
- Sources of letter of credit law and the influence of practice (Chapter 2)
- Automatic extension and reduction clauses (Chapter 3)
- Confirmation, counter standbys, and counter guarantees (Chapter 4)
- LC fraud, abuse, and unconscionability (Chapter 5)
- Transfer & assignment and transfer by operation of law (Chapter 6)
Who Should Read This
- Demand Guarantee & Standby Specialists
- Lawyers dealing with these instruments
- Bankers dealing with trade
For orders requiring shipping outside the US:
We calculate shipping rates based on weight and transit distance. Rates are exclusive of taxes, duties, and customs fees. The purchased is solely responsible for any customs duties and taxes associated with the order.