Documentary Credit World Subscription
Your Trade Finance News Source
LCs can often involve more than a dozen people from account and credit managers to document examiners and the legal department. All these people need to know and understand the latest developments in law and practice.
In the fast paced world of global trade finance and banking, how do you make sure you stay on top of things? Where can you turn for the answers you need?
With a subscription to DCW, you will have the tools and information you need to serve your clients better. Whether you are curious about the latest statistics or need an expert opinion about a specific operational or legal issue, with DCW you have it, and its delivered straight to your desk every month.
Available as a PDF and emailed for your convenience, DCW is your SOURCE for trade finance news and analysis.
Currently, DCW continues its expanded coverage of Standby Letters of Credit and Demand Guarantees, Trade Based Financial Crime Compliance, ICC opinions, FinTech, URDG 758, the ISP98 Model Forms Project, and UCP600. Each DCW issue features expert analysis of these areas. As an LC or guarantee specialist, you are sure to gain added understanding of critical elements of these trade products from a new perspective.
Try DCW for Free
We invite you to try DCW before you subscribe. Fill in your information below to join our email list, you'll receive your trial issues within 2 business days.
By submitting for a free trial issue you agree to join our marketing emails
Who is DCW For?
Banks large and small, law firms, corporations, and educational institutions around the world rely on DCW each month for the latest news and statistics relating to trade finance. Subscribers include: JPMorgan, Standard Chartered, HSBC, ING, Scotiabank, Credit Suisse, Citi, Bank of America, Howse Williams Bowers, University of Essex School of Law, University of Navarra, Jincheng Tongda & Neal, Clyde & Co, and over 300 other institutions.
DCW is provided almost exclusively electronically. Special requests for paper will be considered.
Newly Decided LC & Guarantee Cases
- Bills of Lading in Commodity Trade O’Brien and Madan on the Current Setting and Future Direction (DCW Jun 2019, P. 17)
DCW Additional Resources and Polls
- Lifetree Trading v. Washakie: Appellate Brief (Apr 2019)
Invoices as Required Documents under Standbys (JulAug 2018)
- What Would You Do with It? (Oct 2017)
- Southeast Asia's War on Expiry (Oct 2017)
- 2017 ABA/ABA Financial Crimes Enforcement Conference: Executive Summary
- Bitumen Case Summary (May 2017)
- Case Classics: Foreign Venture (Nov/Dec 2015)
- HNB Case Summary – Michigan Statute (May 2015)
- China New Era (2010) - Concurring Opinion (Sept 2014)
- Responses to Specific ISBP 2013-Provisions (Jul/Aug 2014)
- Additional Comments Regarding ISBP 2013 (Jul/Aug 2014)
- LC Forgeries Survey Appendix C Responses to Open Ended Questions
The Readers Speak
DCW Editorial Advisory Board – Emeritus Members (years active)
- Sue E. Auerbach (DC) (1997-2016)
- Alan Bloodgood (retired, J.P. Morgan) (1997-2016)
- Harold Burman (Senior Counsel, Office of Legal Adviser, US Department of State) (1997-2016)
- Joseph Colleran (retired, Irving Trust) (1997-2016)
- Gary Collyer (Collyer Consulting LLP) (1997-2016)
- Philip J. De Chiara (retired, Wells Fargo Bank) (1998-2016)
- Professor E.P. Ellinger (National University of Singapore) (1997-2016)
- Dr. Gerold Herrmann (retired, United Nations Commission on International Trade Law) (1997-2016)
- Heinz Hertl ICC Austria (retired, Bank Austria/Creditanstalt, Vienna) (1997-2016)
- George Hisert (retired, Bingham McCutchen LLP) (1997-2016)
- Dean Rafael Illescas Ortiz (University Carlos III de Madrid (Spain)) (1997-2020)
- Professor Boris Kozolchyk (National Law Center for Inter-American Free Trade) (1997-2016)
- Stanley L. Lane, Jr. (Of Counsel Otterbourg P.C. NY) (1997-2016)
- Arthur Lloyd (retired, Control Risks, Ltd.) (1997-2016)
- Professor Yorng-Won Pae (retired, University of Seoul, Korea) (1999-2016)
- Jianbao Shan (retired, Executive Vice President China Everbright Bank, China) (1999-2016)
- Martin Shaw (retired, Barclays and Lloyds, London) (1997-2016)
- Angelo J. Schiraldi (retired, IntesaBci, NY) (1997-2016)
- Joseph Sommer (NY) (1997-2016)
Prior Tables of Contents
Click the Month to view the past TOC
- April 2021 DCW - ICC Annual Meeting
- March 2021 DCW - China Counter Guarantee Case
- February 2021 DCW - Financial Crimes Enforcement
- January 2021 DCW - Significant LC Issues
- Nov/Dec 2020 DCW - ICC Banking Commission Technical Meeting
- October 2020 DCW - Maritime Sanctions Screening
- September 2020 DCW - ISP98 Model Forms
- Jul/Aug 2020 DCW - Supersedeas LCs
- June 2020 DCW - INCOTERMS 2020 and Letters of Credit
- May 2020 DCW - Covid19's Obtrusion of Paper
- April 2020 DCW - Covid 19 Impact on Transactions
- March 2020 DCW - Coronavirus and LC Practice
- February 2020 DCW - INCOTERMS Application Problems
- January 2020 DCW - China's Belt and Road Initiative