Trade Based Financial Crime Compliance
Trade Based Financial Crime Compliance is an invaluable tool that enables financial institutions, bankers, lawyers, compliance officers, and corporates to understand the impact that compliance regulations have on trade and ways to meet the requirements imposed by these regulations. There is no other resource that addresses trade based financial crime compliance with the same detail of this book.
Trade Based Financial Crime Compliance is unique in that it provides a proper introduction to “trade” before diving fully into trade based financial crime compliance matters. This book looks to provide guidance and insight to practitioners aiming to remain compliant in the often complex and contradictory world of trade finance, with its ever shifting rules of compliance.
Who Should Read This
• Compliance Officers
What You Will Learn
• An understanding of the impact of compliance regulations on trade
• Ways to meet requirements imposed by regulations
• A detailed introduction to trade and trade products and how international trade finance works.
• An understanding of the various sources that comprise various financial crime compliance regimes, including governments, inter-governmental bodies, non-governmental bodies.
• Examination of the difficulty of operating in two or more distinct and conflicting regimes.
• Best practices for exercising due diligence in trade transactions.
• In-depth discussion of the specific types of trade based financial crimes and how financial institutions can identify and prevent their occurrence, specifically: money laundering, terrorism financing, sanctions violations, proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, bribery, commercial fraud, and violation of anti-boycott provisions.
• How to create a compliance programme that bridges the work of trade operations personnel as well as the risk and compliance team, along with upper management.
Summary of Contents
Part I: Trade Based Financial Crime Compliance
Chapter 1: Introduction to Trade Based Financial Crime Compliance
Chapter 2: Trade
Chapter 3: Financial Crime Regulation
Chapter 4: The Compliance Programme
Chapter 5: Exercising Due Diligence
Chapter 6: Indicators of Trade Based Financial Crimes
Part II: Combating Financial Crimes
Chapter 7: Anti Money Laundering (AML)
Chapter 8: Counter Terrorism Financing
Chapter 9: Sanctions
Chapter 10: Weapons of Mass Destruction
Chapter 11: Anti Bribery
Chapter 12: Commercial Fraud
Chapter 13: Anti Boycott
Appendix A: Answers to Review Questions
Appendix B: Bibliography
Appendix C: List of Red Flags
Appendix D: Glossary
Appendix E: Abbreviations
Appendix F: Organisations